Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Morning Heartcry

In the morning you search me;
You know the foolishness of my heart.
I have cried, but none have heard.
When will your light shine through in the dark?
My ways are to futile, your ways are so high;
How can I submit my life to you?
I am flirting on the edge, holding onto a lie.
My hands have been calloused, my heart has turned cold.
Has it not been to my King Jesus my life been sold?

My lovers are great, my critics still greater,
But all I want is to proclaim The Creator.
On my knees I must fall
And ask humbly again,
"Lord, forgive me my pride, fake walls, and my sin.
I have built up a house that cannot stand,
I have tossed The Rock and embraced my sand.
The storm did come, the storm did blow,
And by the storm, the storm did show,
Publish Post

I NEED YOU MY GOD, MY KING, MY LORD
TO BE MY ROCK, SHIELD, AND SWORD.
I BEG YOU, TAKE ME BACK AS YOUR OWN,
AS I THROW MYSELF BEFORE YOUR THRONE."

Then as I stand I feel the rain.
That holy rain from above.
It drenches me once again this new day
With Mercy, Grace, Hope, and Love.